Speech Language Therapy
Speech-language pathologists at Galvin Therapy Center can provide a total evaluation and treatment experience for children struggling with speech and/or language-related issues. Our parent-coaching approach will ensure that you have the knowledge to improve your child’s communication abilities at home as well.
Speech and language disorders have various levels of severity and may exist simultaneously. Even the mildest of speech and language disorders can impact a child’s social comfort, self-esteem and learning. Early detection is the best way to identify concerns and initiate direct intervention as needed.
We can help with any type of speech and language issue, including literacy development. Our therapists are experienced and trained in many therapy methods, allowing us to develop a customized success plan to meet your child’s needs.
We Can Help With
- Phonological processing
- Pre-reading and reading skills
- Written expression
- Reading and listening comprehension
- Auditory processing
- Motor planning for speech
- Feeding and swallowing
- Expressive or receptive language
- Social Skills or pragmatics
- AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication)
How We Help
- AAC training (including PECS)
- Integrated Listening Systems (iLs)
- Social Thinking®
- The DIRFloortime® Model
- Cognitive behavioral methods
- Wilson Reading Program
- Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)
- Feeding skills development
- SOS Approach to Feeding
- Visualizing and Verbalizing
- Orton-Gillingham approach
We can conduct individual, paired or group sessions.
One hour, 45 minute or 30 minute sessions can be scheduled with a certified speech-language pathologist.