Our Mealtime Management
Make mealtime a happy time. Our mealtime management offers a unique approach that combines parent coaching and child interactivity. We’ll help you implement an effective home-based program. Therapists work with infants, children and adolescents one-on-one to create solutions to feeding and eating problems. We focus on creating low-pressure, high engagement treatment methods that work for your child.
Information from a variety of treatment models is considered when families and therapists set goals.
We Can Help With
- Mealtime challenges with drinking and eating
- Trouble chewing or swallowing
- Limited food range
How We Help
Our therapists help by providing:
- Clinical Support for Successful Tube Feeding Transition
- Sensory-Based Learning and Stimulation
- Strategies to Modify Food Intake Rate
- Changing the Timing/Strength of Swallowing Movements
- Postural and Positional Techniques
- Systematic Desensitization
Our speech-language pathologists and occupational therapists have training in popular mealtime management methods such as the SOS Approach, Food Chaining, and Get Permission®. This allows each therapist to address a variety of feeding issues in an interactive, playful manner.
Galvin Therapy Center’s speech-language pathologists and occupational therapists work together with your child and your family to create a whole family solution. Our mealtime management program is about more than simply teaching the parent. We create new positive feelings associated with food so that anxiety is reduced or eliminated before your child actually eats anything.
Our Multidisciplinary Support Team Includes:
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Social Workers and Counselors
The frequency of treatment and disciplines involved are based on the child’s specific needs.