Our Counseling Services
Counseling can provide many benefits to children, adolescents and families. If your child or adolescent is experiencing emotional or behavioral difficulties at home, at school, or in the community, our comprehensive mental health and counseling services can help.
The approach at the Galvin Therapy Center is unique because our counselors have more freedom than the typical office-space counselor. We use our diverse therapy rooms to establish communication with the children in a variety of ways. This helps improve motivation and offers children unique socialization opportunities.
We can also collaborate closely with the child’s pediatrician, teacher and specialists to provide continuity of services and ensure all your needs are met.
Services are currently offered in our East-Side location or via teletherapy.
Counseling services include:
- Individual, group and family counseling
- School advocacy and intervention
- Parent education and support
- Medical/therapy team communication
We Can Help With:
- Developing self-esteem
- Behavior problems
- Attention and focus issues
- Family Issues (divorce, trauma, sibling, etc.)
- Grief and loss
- Abuse (physical, emotional, sexual, etc.)
- Attachment issues
- Social skills needs
How We Help:
Our treatment approaches include:
- Play therapy
- Family / Group Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dysfunctional emotions / Maladaptive behaviors
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT)